Congrats to our very own Dr. Suzanne Slonim! She was featured in an interview on the website Plaid for Women. Recognized as a leading expert in Uterine Fibroid Embolization (UFE), she helps many women with uterine fibroids avoid hysterectomy surgery. In the interview, Dr. Slonim shared her journey about becoming a doctor and what it’s like to be a partner in one of the best interventional radiologist practices in Dallas.
A few interview highlights … Did you know:
- Slonim comes from a family of doctors: both of her parents are doctors, and at 86 her mom is still practicing!
- She has lived all over the country: Florida, North Carolina, California, Massachusetts, and Texas
- Originally, Dr. Slonim planned to be a surgeon, but changed to Interventional Radiology when she realized it was the way of the future
- Slonim is the force behind the Fibroid Free movement. She believes “Women need to know hysterectomy is not the only option for fibroids. We want to educate women about a less invasive treatment.”
- In addition to UFE, Dr. Slonim also performs the Hunger Block procedure, which gives overweight patients an alternative to bariatric surgery.
Dr. Suzanne Slonim
To learn more about Dr. Slonim and read the full interview, visit Plaid for Women at plaidforwomen.com/read-post/women-leaders-of-today-qa-with-dr-slonim/
Plaid for Women is a web platform that features expert contributor content to enlighten women in all aspects of their lives. Its focus is to bring women together from all different backgrounds—it’s for ALL women.
Schedule a Consultation
If you are experiencing symptoms due to fibroids, contact Dr. Suzanne Slonim to see if you are a candidate for Uterine Fibroid Embolization (UFE). She will take the time to answer your questions about fibroids and the UFE procedure at a telehealth or office consultation. Call her office at 214-838-6440 or complete the form below.
"*" indicates required fields
Fibroid Institute Dallas serves the DFW area including Dallas, Duncanville, DeSoto, Cedar Hill, Lancaster, Cockrell Hill, Grand Prairie, Arlington, Hutchins, Irving, Highland Park, University Park, Park Cities, Garland, Mesquite, Richardson, Dallas, Addison, Carrollton, Plano, Allen, and all of North Texas. This information is not a substitute for professional medical advice. Prior to starting any new treatment or questions regarding a medical condition, always seek the advice of your doctor or other qualified health provider.