One in four women endure painful or bothersome symptoms from uterine fibroids at some point in their lives. At Fibroid Institute Dallas, we know how hard it is to live with uterine fibroids. We treat women every day who are looking for relief from their fibroid symptoms.
If you know a woman in your life who suffers from pelvic pain and pressure, heavy bleeding and lower back pain that often comes with having uterine fibroids, gift them something that will ease the pain and bring relief this holiday season.
Six Gift Ideas for Fibroid Sufferers
1. Heating pad. Applying heat to the stomach area can help relax the muscles around the uterus that tend to contract and cause pain and discomfort. Invest in a good quality heating pad to help your loved one relieve abdominal or pelvic pain that is commonly associated with having fibroids.
2. Body pillow. Fibroids can sometimes press on the muscles and nerves of the lower back that lead to serious back and leg pain, which can make it difficult to find a comfortable position to sleep. A body pillow can provide extra back support and help women dealing with fibroids get a better night’s rest.
3. Spa experience. Women who develop uterine fibroids deal with debilitating discomfort on a regular basis, from heavy, painful periods to back aches and constipation. A gift certificate to a local spa can provide much-needed relaxation to help relieve muscle tension and stress.
4. Educational Books. Empower the women in your life by helping them educate themselves on different fibroid risk factors, symptoms and treatment options. There are many reputable book options out there, but we recommend our very own Dr. Slonim’s book called Pain-Free Periods: Banish Menstrual Misery, Fight Fibroids, and Get Your Life Back.
In her book, Dr. Slonim provides insight on how to treat fibroids without surgery, why some women develop fibroids, what to expect from different treatment options, and more.
5. Class Pass or gym membership. Exercise can reduce the production of hormones, namely estrogen and progesterone, which fuel the growth of uterine fibroids. Being overweight is also a risk factor for developing uterine fibroids. A class pass or membership to a local gym facility is a great way for women to engage in yoga, swimming or cycling. Exercise will not cure fibroids, but a healthy lifestyle that includes physical activity can limit the growth of existing fibroids and prevent the development of new ones.
6. Guide them to Fibroid Institute Dallas. Helping women live fibroid free and return to a normal, healthy life is at the heart of what we do. Dr. Slonim at the Fibroid Institute treats fibroids using Uterine Fibroid Embolization (UFE), which blocks blood supply to the fibroids and causes them to shrink. The procedure doesn’t involve surgery, allows women to recover in 7-10 days, and has a 90% success rate for resolving fibroid-related symptoms. See why so many women who’ve had UFE recommend Dr. Slonim every year.
Get in Touch with Fibroid Institute Dallas
Dr. Slonim and her team at Fibroid Institute Dallas are experts at diagnosing and treating fibroids without surgery. Our number one patient-preferred treatment option is Uterine Fibroid Embolization (UFE), the gold standard in non-surgical fibroid treatment. We’re here to help.
Call us at 214-838-6440 for questions about fibroids and UFE. To request an appointment online, go to our appointment scheduler.
This information is not a substitute for professional medical advice. Prior to starting any new treatment or using any new products for a medical condition, first seek the advice of your doctor or other qualified healthcare provider.